If you want to make sure that your workplace runs efficiently, and that people can keep doing their jobs properly, then you’ll need to make sure that you have the right office supplies and stationery products.
Here’s what you need.
1. You’ll want to make sure that you have plenty of paper. Whether it’s for the printer, flip charts, for taking telephone messages, or for sending out proposals or invoices, you can’t work properly without the right paper products.
2. Notepads are essential too. You might need them for taking notes in meetings or conferences, for taking down customer orders, or for making to do lists. With a choice of reporter’s notepads, or larger desktop pads, you’ll be able to make sure that you and your colleagues can write down all you need to.
3. You might think that diaries are outdated plantable pencil now, having been superseded by mobile phone, and computer diaries, but if you arrange a lot of meetings, or have a tight schedule, you’ll want to make sure that you have a paper copy of your diary as well as electronic copies.
4. There can never be too many pens in the workplace, and whether you need highlighters, marker pens, or ball pens for everyday writing tasks. Don’t forget that you might want a classy fountain pen for signing contracts, or for impressing potential clients. You won’t want to look unprofessional by signing important documents with a leaky biro.
5. Sticky notes are the foundation of the modern workplace, and are used by millions of people worldwide everyday. From taking down telephone numbers, writing reminders, leaving messages for colleagues to using bookmarks in documents or folders, you’ll find hundreds of uses for sticky notes.
6. The humble stapler is another must have. If you print out documents, whether for internal use, or for clients, then you’ll want to keep the pages together. With a range of different staplers available, you’ll be able to find the size of stapler that’s right for keeping your papers together.
7. Files and folders are needed to keep your papers and other documents organised. You might be looking for new ring binders, or floating files for your filing cabinet, or just want plastic wallets to protect documents from getting creased or damaged.
8. Envelopes will be needed if you intend to send out documents to clients, or products to customers. You’ll want a combination of window envelopes for formal letters, and perhaps strong padded envelopes so you can send out purchases without fear of them getting damaged.
9. Adhesives might not be used as often as a stapler. But if you need to stick things together then you’ll want to be able to do it properly. You might be looking for sticky tape, glue, or coloured sticky tack to stick for your workplace.
10. A shredder is also essential in the modern office, so that you can safely dispose of confident documents, and customer details that you no longer require. With some shredders able to destroy credit cards and CDs and DVDs, if you’ve got something you don’t want others getting hold of, you can safely shred it.